Five 2021 shopping trends from the Nordics and Benelux
1. Covid-19 has had a positive effect on online shopping, but ecommerce will continue to grow post-covid as well. We’ve adopted new shopping patterns, which will stick, and on top, off-line shoppers have been converted to online shoppers during the pandemic. The winners are the companies that are capable of meeting their customers where they are and provide a uniform shopping experience.
2. Shopping via apps and mobile phones are increasing. Pre-covid 32% of online shoppers made purchases on their mobile device. Today the number is 45%. For years, we've been advising our clients to focus on the mobile shopping experience. Shoppers are no longer browsing on mobile and buying on desktop - they are doing both on mobile. Unfortunately, many businesses are providing a sub-par shopping experience on mobile devices, which will lead to loss of revenue.
3. When it comes to getting acquainted with new brands, price is still an important factor, but availability, convenience and delivery speed is becoming increasingly important to consumers. If you are able to perform on the parameters, you are in good shape. In conclusion! Make sure your product descriptions, delivery options, images, size guides and product reviews are on point.
4. Online shopping is on the rise - no doubt - but perhaps things are moving a bit too fast. In 2021, 42% of online shoppers have experienced pain points while shopping online. In comparison, the number was 31,5% in 2021. Some of the most common pain points are having to register prior to purchasing, product unavailability and a lack of product and company reviews. Shoppers are simply demanding more when it comes to online shopping experiences and the businesses capable of catering to this, will most likely be successful.
5. Sustainability is becoming more and more important. We are becoming more aware of the products we buy - where are they produced, what are they made from and so on. We foresee this to become even more significant going forward.
Read the full report from google here:
If you are looking for more knowledge about ecommerce now and in the future and how you can optimise your business´ecommerce setup, don't hesitate to reach out - our ecommerce specialists are ready.